Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, June 6, 2022

American Express Colleague and Former Professional Runner, Kyle Merber, Gets Back In The Race at the 2022 - Benzinga

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com

A hallmark of American Express' workplace culture is supporting the holistic well-being of colleagues. For over a decade, American Express has participated in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in New York City bringing together its colleagues for the community-centric event in Central Park.

Joining in the race was New York-based American Express colleague and former professional mid-distance runner, Kyle Merber, who earned first place at this year's Corporate Challenge. For Merber, his career journey has evolved from running professionally and competitively to joining American Express' merchant marketing team. While settling into his new role, he has continued to run for pure enjoyment and joined American Express' planning committee for the 2022 Corporate Challenge.

Merber shares how the sport has helped shape his role and experience at American Express, including his involvement in The Corporate Challenge:

What has community backing meant to you throughout your career as both a professional athlete and in your current role at American Express?

I've realized that behind every individual accomplishment is teamwork and a sense of community. Having support and encouragement from those who we choose to surround ourselves with make it possible for us to shine and to become the best versions of ourselves. As an athlete, I had coaches who believed in my long-term potential and teammates who were there to challenge me to set new goals and achieve beyond what I thought was possible. Here at Amex, I've found that same truth through experiences with my leaders and colleagues.

Why is joining The Corporate Challenge important to you? What have you been most excited about?

The Corporate Challenge is a unique opportunity to introduce a different and personal part of my life to colleagues. I love my job, but that is only one aspect of who I am and what I do. Running is a big part of my identity, and this is a chance to share that passion with colleagues. From my involvement in the planning committee, to going on group runs from the New York headquarters, or connecting with colleagues over coffee chats to provide advice to those who are new to the sport, it's been exciting to bring this interest to Amex and create deeper connections from it.

What do you enjoy most about running?

What used to be an outlet for my competitive side has now become time to relax and wind down. Sometimes it's nice to use it as a quiet hour to myself and other times I'll go running with a friend.

What values and learnings have you carried over from your job as a professional athlete to your everyday work at American Express?

Although they may seem like two very different roles and ways of life, I've found that so many of the underlying skills and experiences that I developed as a competitive athlete are those that live through corporate culture.

For example, the notion that improvement requires an incredible amount of patience and the ability to be process and goal-oriented have certainly carried over. There's this understanding that growth and development takes incremental steps, teamwork, and putting the work in. I've learned that while there are many ways to arrive at the same place, it's important to find what processes work best for you and that along the way, having the support of teammates and colleagues is instrumental as part of that journey.

How would you say maintaining an active lifestyle contributes to your overall wellbeing?

I've always lived a very active lifestyle so if I don't move each day, then I don't feel like myself. Running has become routine – like brushing my teeth. Even if I'm just taking a walk or going for a jog, it's important that I integrate movement into my every day as it helps me find balance and disconnect by taking a step away from all digital devices and getting outdoors.

— WebWireID290043 —


Adblock test (Why?)



"colleague" - Google News
June 06, 2022 at 06:44PM
https://ift.tt/W6tUPkY

American Express Colleague and Former Professional Runner, Kyle Merber, Gets Back In The Race at the 2022 - Benzinga
"colleague" - Google News
https://ift.tt/6csYWAM
https://ift.tt/4Kjv1sH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Côte-Saint-Luc first responders fundraise for colleague on life support in Barbados - CBC.ca

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com First responders in Côte-Saint-Luc are worried and heartbroken after their colleague, volunteer Clifford Jordan, ...

Postingan Populer