Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, August 23, 2021

Jersey City school board president: ‘I am in complete remission’ - NJ.com

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com

Jersey City Board of Education President Mussab Ali is cancer-free.

The 24-year-old announced at Monday’s school board meeting that the Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma he was diagnosed with earlier this year is in remission.

“Praise be to God,” Ali said. “These last few months have been some of the most difficult to endure during my lifetime. After eight months of battling this disease and 12 rounds of chemotherapy, I am proud to announce that I am in complete remission. I am extremely thankful to everyone who has supported me throughout this journey.”

Ali, who became the youngest school board president in Jersey City history when he was elected in January, had decided not to run for reelection in November while he was undergoing treatment. He is also attending Harvard Law School.

Ali thanked the medical staff at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, where he was not only treated, but also served as a legal intern over the summer.

“I cannot be more appreciative of individuals at MSKCC that I had a chance to interact with,” Ali said. “Everyone at the hospital is committed to the mission of beating cancer and made me feel supported in my battle.”

He also acknowledged the support he has received from people all over Jersey City.

“As someone who has grown up in Jersey City, I knew that my community would have my back,” he said. “Individuals from all walks of life reached out and offered me an immense amount of support.

“Jersey City residents are among the most caring and hospitable in the world, and I am lucky to be a part of this community. I hope that I can continue to make my city proud.”

Adblock test (Why?)



"complete" - Google News
August 24, 2021 at 05:31AM
https://ift.tt/3mrVUTl

Jersey City school board president: ‘I am in complete remission’ - NJ.com
"complete" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Fvz4Dj
https://ift.tt/2YviVIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Côte-Saint-Luc first responders fundraise for colleague on life support in Barbados - CBC.ca

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com First responders in Côte-Saint-Luc are worried and heartbroken after their colleague, volunteer Clifford Jordan, ...

Postingan Populer