Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Save the life of a Chicago dispatched supervisor after a colleague has a heart attack – NBC Chicago - Illinoisnewstoday.com

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com

The Emergency Management Communications Bureau’s 911 Call Center receives hundreds of calls every day, but recently the dispatcher received his emergency call.

“I was actually on a stretcher and they were rolling me into an ambulance (before) I realized what had happened,” said Timothy Bingham.

Bingham was closing a recent shift at OEMC when he had a heart attack, officials said.

“It took me 15 to 20 minutes to come to my mind, and I felt relieved,” he said. “If that happened and I was in my car, I think God would be forbidden. I could have taken a few people home by car. “

The 60-year-old said he showed no signs or symptoms before entering cardiac arrest.

“I had no symptoms at all,” he said. “I didn’t feel dizzy. I didn’t have any pain.”

Bingham works in the back room, where he manages the city’s fire alarms. A colleague said the phone kept ringing in the back room. He answered the phone and found Bingham fainted.

“I yelled at him and said,’Are Tim okay?’ There is no answer,” said fire communications supervisor Bob Rose. “I went and shook him, but there wasn’t an answer yet, so I just shouted outside,” Get a little ambulance. “

Others on the floor rushed to help, one grabbed the AED machine and others started performing CPR.

“I checked his pulse,” said junior operator Danny Chevrin. “There is no pulse. He was not breathing normally.”

Shelvin conducted CPR with the help of firefighting telecommunications carrier Charles Reed.

“I helped take off his shirt and helped with CPR,” Reed said. “AED is back and shocked.”

Coletaker Adrian Sanchez was in a hurry to grab a defibrillator.

“We shocked him and did another 20-30 seconds of CPR, when he was talking and moving,” Sanchez said.

Dispatcher Earl Morrissey called an ambulance and provided additional support.

“We were worried about oxygen and gave him the oxygen he needed,” he said. “The ambulance was being pulled downstairs, so I told him to run downstairs and bring a crib.”

Bingham knows he was in good hands on that fateful day.

“When I was leaving, I could still hear people answering the 911 phone where they were working,” he said. “Not many people know how difficult the job is, and they do it every day.”

Bingham hopes that sharing his story will encourage others to learn CPR life-saving techniques and how to operate an AED. He said he wouldn’t be here today without his colleague.

“I certainly didn’t talk to you,” he said. “I’m sure it. I was very lucky.”

click Here To find a CPR and first aid class near you.

Save the life of a Chicago dispatched supervisor after a colleague has a heart attack – NBC Chicago

Source link Save the life of a Chicago dispatched supervisor after a colleague has a heart attack – NBC Chicago

Adblock test (Why?)



"colleague" - Google News
June 23, 2021 at 07:08AM
https://ift.tt/3gN60dX

Save the life of a Chicago dispatched supervisor after a colleague has a heart attack – NBC Chicago - Illinoisnewstoday.com
"colleague" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Uvr5Ps
https://ift.tt/2YviVIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Côte-Saint-Luc first responders fundraise for colleague on life support in Barbados - CBC.ca

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com First responders in Côte-Saint-Luc are worried and heartbroken after their colleague, volunteer Clifford Jordan, ...

Postingan Populer