Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, May 31, 2021

My colleagues don't talk to each other | Business - Pennsylvanianewstoday.com

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com

Dear JT and Dale: It may sound crazy, but I’m trying to help a colleague who was my best friend until the presidential election. They were different candidates. Now they don’t talk to each other. It makes the whole business relationship uncomfortable. I’ve been to my boss, who says there’s nothing he can do as long as they’re at work. Is there anything I can do?

— Merle

JT: This is a very difficult situation. Because people have the right to comment on politics, but they shouldn’t bring it to work. Is there any more this story? It seems crazy to me that elections are the only reason they don’t speak.

Dale: It doesn’t matter to me. I’ve never seen anything like political anguish today. This reminds me of a story. When I was at the Apple Store last year, the clerk said: There are special discounts for veterans. I said: “No, no, but I was part of a peace movement that helped end the war. What was the discount?” She left and didn’t come back. That story comes to my mind. Because American democracy was never a problem, even when thousands of young Americans died during the Vietnam War.

JT: It would be sad if it was really politics. If so, it’s a good idea to talk to a colleague and let them know how uncomfortable your workplace is. Emphasize how much you care about each of them, and how big it means for all of you, at least if you can find a way to build a better relationship at work. Hopefully they will find that they are not only hurting each other, but you are all hurting too. And perhaps they will regain their sanity and sit down to make a difference. If not, it may be time to start looking for a new job.

Dale: As someone who has worked as a professional intermediary, I can say that most conflicting ex-friends want to overcome whatever divides them. They just need a way to save the face to get there. That is you. Talk to each other separately, let each other diverge, and then remember the following: The question is the answer. Ask what it takes for the two to reconnect. Perhaps it’s easy. But if one of the two is interested in you, get out of it right away. Don’t make it yours.

Dear JT and Dale: I’m sure you’ll be asked this question a lot now, but I’m very happy with working from home and my company has just announced that it’s back in September. what can I do?

— Carmen

JT: Yes, this topic is coming up more and more — I coach people about this every day. Workitdaily.com platform. The most important thing you can do is talk openly and honestly with your boss and ask openly what you can do to prove the value of staying at home. It’s best to be able to provide proof that you’re saving or making money for your company by working remotely. We also recommend that you do not get caught up in the all-or-none idea. Start by asking if you can find a way to work full-time remotely. If your boss says you will never do that, suggest a flexible work schedule that allows you to work from home several days a week.

Dale: According to a recent Microsoft survey, 73% of employees still want remote options, while 67% of employees want more time to meet with their team. What does it sound like? Hybrid solution. Will management proceed? According to the same survey, two-thirds of business leaders are considering redesigning their workplace for remote work. All of this suggests that your company is likely to be open-minded.

Adblock test (Why?)



"colleague" - Google News
May 31, 2021 at 11:54AM
https://ift.tt/3i4ZpwF

My colleagues don't talk to each other | Business - Pennsylvanianewstoday.com
"colleague" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Uvr5Ps
https://ift.tt/2YviVIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Côte-Saint-Luc first responders fundraise for colleague on life support in Barbados - CBC.ca

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com First responders in Côte-Saint-Luc are worried and heartbroken after their colleague, volunteer Clifford Jordan, ...

Postingan Populer