Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Omar states that her Jewish colleague was "not an equal partner in justice." - Texasnewstoday.com

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com

On Tuesday, Ilhan Omar said her Jewish colleague was “an equal partner and not justice,” and said she did not regret equating the United States and Israel with Hamas and the Taliban.

Omar spoke to CNN’s Jake Tapper asking if she understood why the language she used about Israel was perceived as anti-Semitic by Jewish lawmakers.

“Whenever a colleague asked me to have a conversation to learn from me, to learn from them, I welcomed him,” Omar replied. “I think it’s really important for these members to recognize that they weren’t partners of justice,” she added.

Ilhan Omar (right) said on Tuesday that her Jewish colleague was “an equal partner and not justice,” and in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper (left), Hamas and the United States and Israel. He said he did not regret having identified him with the Taliban.

“I’ve seen the unimaginable atrocities committed by the United States, Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan and the Taliban,” Omar shared a video in a tweet asking Secretary of State Antony Blinken.Comments caused anger, including among Jewish Democrats

Secretary of State Antony Blinken hears Omar asking him where victims of crimes against humanity can file complaints.

“They were not equally engaged in seeking justice around the world,” continued Minnesota Democrats. “And I think I’ll keep doing that.”

Omar added that “as someone who knows how many of my colleagues feel to experience injustice in other ways” is important to her.

The latest turmoil of “squadron” members with Jewish colleagues is the state affairs where war crime victims can pursue justice if the United States opposes the International Criminal Court dealing with Palestinian and Afghan cases. I came earlier this month when I asked Secretary Antony Blinken.

“We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the United States, Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan and the Taliban,” Omar wrote in a tweet sharing a video of the exchange.

Linking the United States and Israel to the Taliban and Hamas has caused turmoil, including among Jewish Democrats.

Earlier, Omar was outraged when he said that the relationship between the United States and Israel was “everything about Benjamin.”

When asked if Tupper regrets her recent controversial comments, Omar replied, “I won’t.”

“I think it’s really important to look back at the points I was trying to make,” she said.

“Obviously, I was talking to Secretary of State Blinken. The case will be summarized in front of the ICC. The ICC is continuing to investigate. Some of my colleagues have not justified the ICC. I know, people all over the world who have experienced injustice tend to think they need to be able to have a place they can go to, “she insisted.

“And as a country that helped establish the ICC and supported it, I think it’s really important for us to continue to find ways in which people can find justice around the world,” Omar added. ..

More broadly, she said she understood why some of what she said was interpreted as anti-Semitism.

“No, I hear it,” she told Tapper when the journalist pushed the point.

“When I felt my words offended, I clearly clarified and apologized, and that’s really important, isn’t it?” She said.

Omar, a Muslim, also claimed that she was not given the same etiquette.

“As I explained to my colleagues, they have been engaged in the metaphor of Islamophobia. I have not yet received an apology,” she said.

She argued that it should be a two-way path of understanding.

“I think it’s important for us to be open-minded when we’re engaged in a space where we don’t know how our language is perceived. And I’m always a humble person and words I think he understands how can be harmful and harmful to people, “Omar said. “And I always listened, learned, acted accordingly, and appeared with compassion and attention.”

Republican Senator Tom Cotton beat her comment on Twitter.

“Why is Ilhan Omar still on the Diplomatic Commission?” He asked, sharing a tapper clip. “Why is she on the committee?”

But Democratic Congressman David Siciline said critics have once again taken Omar out of context.

“They’re going again … Washington’s right wing is trying to provoke controversy in the absence, claiming that Omar said what she didn’t say,” Rhode Island lawmakers tweeted. “It’s pathetic that they are (again) demonizing young women of color to earn political points.”

Adblock test (Why?)



"colleague" - Google News
June 30, 2021 at 10:12PM
https://ift.tt/3dy94IW

Omar states that her Jewish colleague was "not an equal partner in justice." - Texasnewstoday.com
"colleague" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Uvr5Ps
https://ift.tt/2YviVIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Côte-Saint-Luc first responders fundraise for colleague on life support in Barbados - CBC.ca

nnnindonesia.blogspot.com First responders in Côte-Saint-Luc are worried and heartbroken after their colleague, volunteer Clifford Jordan, ...

Postingan Populer